Spiced Chicken With Herb Cous Cous
4 chicken breasts, each about 125g (4 oz)
2-3 tsp harissa or other thick chilli paste
300g ( 11 oz) cous cous
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
350ml ( 12 fl oz) hot chicken stock grated zest and of 1 lemon juice
2 ripe tomtoes, roughly chopped
200g (3/4 oz )parsley, roughly chopped
20g (3/4 oz) coriander, roughly chopped
3 tbsp olive oil sea salt and pepper
1 lime, cut into wedges,to serve
- Preheat the grill to medium. Deeply slash the skin side of the chicken, then rub the harissa into each breast, making sure it goes into the slashes.
- Arrange the chicken skin-side down on a foil-lined grill pan. Cook under the grill for 6-7 min on each side or until the skine is crasp and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the cous cous and onion in a large heatproof bowl and pour over the hot stock and the lemon juice. Leave to soak for 10 min until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Break up the cous cous with a fork , then stir through the tomatoes, feat, lemon zest herbs and olive oil. |Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken and warm cous cous on warm plates and add a lime wedge on the side.
This recipe is based on a dish i ate in Egypt while on holiday. It’svery easy to make and the crispy, succulent chicken tastes superb.