All Guests Gone Crazy For This “Celebration Chocolate Ice-Cream Cake”!!!
Grand occasions deserve all the bells and whistles – serve this wonderfully rich celebration ice-cream cake and reap the praise!
583g (1.2 lb) chocolate packet cake mix (with ready-made frosting)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 litres (8.4 cups) vanilla ice-cream, softened rose-pink food colouring
1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence
6 Mint Slice biscuits, finely chopped
1/2 x 30g(1.05 oz) Flake chocolate bar, crushed silver cachous, raspberries and crumbled
Flake chocolate bar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C(350F)/160°C(312F) fan-forced. Grease a 9cm(3.5 inch)-deep, 11.5cm(4.5 inch) x 20cm(7.9 inch) (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang on all sides.
- Place cake mix in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil and 3/4 cup cold water. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds or until just combined. Increase speed to medium. Beat for 2 minutes or until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, covering with foil if overbrowning, or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wash and dry loaf pan. Grease pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 6cm overhang on all sides. Using a serrated knife, level cake top. Carefully cut cake horizontally into thirds.
- Divide ice-cream between 2 bowls. Tint 1 portion pink. Fold in Turkish Delight. Tint remaining portion green. Fold in peppermint essence, biscuit and crushed Flake.
- Place cake base in prepared pan. Top with pink ice-cream mixture. Smooth surface. Top with middle cake layer. Top with green ice-cream mixture. Smooth surface. Top with cake top. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- Stand at room temperature for 3 to 5 minutes to soften slightly. Turn out onto a plate. Top with frosting, cachous, raspberries and crumbled Flake. Serve.