5 Things You Didn’t Know About Pistachios!!!
Almonds and walnuts are no longer on top: pistachios are definitely taking the first place on the list of the most healthy nuts.
The world’s statistics for consumption of pistachios is getting higher especially in China. The most famous chefs are using pistachios the most ambitious ways you imagine. We prepare 5 facts you didn’t know about them.
1. USA are world’s leaders of their production. Iran, former big producer of pistachios, was passed by USA since 2010. The sale grows but the stocks for export in the last 6 years increased from 45 millions kg to 122.
2. With 3 to 4 kg per grain pistachios have less calories from any other nuts. The studies show that the consumption of pistachios with shell you will eat less.
3. Pistachios content more calcium than the others nuts which can reduce the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone.
4. With consumption of pistachios you can reduce the level of cholesterol and the risk of cancer. They are perfect source of phytosterol natural compound that reduces the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL), which is full of antioxidants.
5. Red pistachios doesn’t exist in the nature! The importers are coloring them in red, sometimes in green so they can cover the stains that occur during the traditional harvest.
Fascinating isn’t it? But we admit it that their flavor is the one thing we want the most about them. That’s why pistachios can be used as supplement in different meals.